Are you ready to look your best in every outfit? If you’re a plus size woman, then you know that finding the perfect fit can be tricky. But don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! In this blog post, we’ll be discussing some tips and tricks for finding the most flattering plus size clothes for any occasion.
Cart is Empty!!
Join Plus Size Communities on Social Media
Joining plus size communities on social media is a great way to connect with other plus size women, find fashion inspiration, and learn about new trends. Plus size communities can be found on various platforms, including Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
To get started, the first step is to find the right community for you. You can search for “plus size” or “curvy” on each platform and look for groups or pages that focus on plus size fashion. Once you’ve found one or more communities that appeal to you, join in the conversation. Share your style tips, post pictures of your favorite outfits, and ask questions about how to dress for your body shape.
Another great way to join a plus size community is by following influencers and bloggers who are part of the movement. These influencers and bloggers often host clothing swaps or organize meetups, which is a great way to connect with others in the community.
You can also get involved by engaging with the content shared by other members of the community. Like posts and leave comments to show your support—it will help build relationships within the community!
By joining plus size communities on social media, you can learn about new trends and get advice from other curvy women. You’ll also have access to exclusive discounts from retailers who specialize in plus size fashion. So don’t hesitate—join a plus size community today!
Know Your Body Shape
Knowing your body shape is one of the most important steps in figuring out what plus size clothes will look best on you. To determine your body shape, take a few moments to stand in front of a full-length mirror wearing as little clothing as possible. Pay close attention to where your body curves and angles, and make note of the areas that need to be enhanced or minimized.
Once you’ve identified your body shape, you can begin to seek out styles that flatter it. For example, if you have an apple-shaped body, wrap tops and dresses, ruched tops, and belts are all great options for enhancing your small waistline. If you have a rectangle-shaped body, creating the illusion of a waist with belts around your waist, mid-waisted trousers, and belted jackets can help to add shape and definition to your figure.
Another way to tell if something fits your body shape is to try on a sheath (straight-sided) dress or remember wearing one in the past. Does it fit comfortably all over? If not, then it may be too tight or too loose and likely won’t look good on you. The goal is to find clothing that fits semi-fitted—not too tight and not too loose—as this will provide the best silhouette for any plus size body type.
When shopping for clothes, always remember to look for items that elongate the body, define the waist, and add volume to the shoulders. Doing so will help you achieve a balanced figure and make you look fabulous no matter what size you wear!
Find Clothes That Flatter Your Specific Shape
Finding clothes that flatter your specific shape is key to achieving a look that is both stylish and comfortable. To help you find the perfect pieces for you, here are some tips:
1. Consider Your Body Shape: When shopping for clothes, it’s important to take your body shape into account. Different shapes require different types of clothing. For example, if you have an hourglass figure, wrap dresses and blouses that cinch at the waist will flatter your curves. If you have an apple shape, draw attention to your upper body with peplum tops and fitted jackets. And if you have a rectangle body type, classic silhouettes such as sheath dresses, pencil skirts, and peplum tops will be your best bet.
2. Embrace Your Curves: Don’t be afraid to show off your curves! Wide-leg pants, fit-and-flare dresses, A-line skirts, and belted jackets can all help to emphasize your natural shape and create the illusion of a waist.
3. Accessorize: Accessories are another great way to accentuate your figure. Belts around your waist or mid-waist trousers can add definition to your curves in all the right places.
4. Ignore Clothing Tag Size: The size on the tag doesn’t always reflect reality. It’s better to go by fit rather than size when shopping for clothes that flatter your specific shape.
5. Seek Professional Advice: If you’re not sure what type of clothes will look best on you or where to start when shopping for plus size clothes, don’t hesitate to seek professional advice from a stylist or personal shopper who specializes in plus sizes clothing.
Dress to Elongate Your Body
Dressing to elongate your body is an important part of creating the perfect plus size look. To do this, you should look for clothes that define the waist, add volume to the shoulders, and slim down your bottom half.
Start by rolling up the sleeves on your tops and blazers – this will create a lengthening effect and make your arms look longer. Then, throw on a belt at the smallest part of your waist to further emphasize your curves. Wrap dresses are perfect for this because they tie on the slimmest area of your body.
You may want to avoid huge prints and patterns that make you look heavier than you are, but don’t be afraid to show off your curves with a peplum top. The flared waistline will enhance the proportions between your slim waist and more ample bottom half.
Finally, if you’re looking to create an even more elongated look, reach for high-rise jeans or trousers that hit just above the belly button – this will help give you a taller appearance.
By following these tips and tricks, you’ll be able to create a look that flatters your shape while making you feel confident and beautiful!